Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Monday, October 3, 2022

The Life of Sea Glass


      My collections of things I am obsessed with are marbles, shells and apparently now some shore rocks and sea glass.  Over the years one of my favorite things to do is to comb the shore for shells or other treasures that “speak” to me.  I never know exactly what I am looking for but when I spot it I just know.  I have such an obsession with shells that kayaking can be “painful” at times when I spot beautiful shells at the bottom of the river bed or lake bed, almost taunting me through clear water that is too deep for me to snatch up without tipping my kayak. . This weekends treasures, however, consisted of a couple cool rocks and mostly sea glass, or I guess technically Great Lakes glass if you will.  

I love to think of the journey of sea glass.  I always believe it to be much like life.  I pray that one day I can express my own journey like sea glass.  I already can say that the currents of life have tossed me to and fro….more so than I would even like to admit, but its true.  It's been a journey in my 50 plus years.  Seasons have shaken me up but honestly by the grace of God has used them to clean me up. The tossing and turning continues to smooth my sharp edges.  As the years pass I want to be not “broken” but supple.   

I had a great conversation with friends the weekend where I spoke of my need to want my ducks in a row, but over the years have gotten better with them just being in the room or within a general vicinity, but it depends on the circumstance. I hope that my tossing and turning will bring me closer to the point of simply riding the waves, and going with the flow as the currents and tides change.  

It feels like recently I have withstood some hard places.  I pray that when I encounter those, between a rock and hard places, that I will learn to rest in Him as He strengthens me to know where I am flowing to next. That I will not look at my situation as “stuck” but rather as a point and place to be refined in the waiting or a place to reflect on the “pause”.  That I will look toward Him and be ready to catch the next wave in His plan maybe just a bit “less broken” than I was and a bit more supple when I leave that destination. 

I pray that as an unsuspecting soul comes across my journey while they are on theirs, that what they discover is connection, and encouragement, and maybe feel a bit “less broken” than before our paths crossed, as we move to the ebb and flow of life.  I’ve said for years to people that have experienced worship with me that I pray that they forget they are seeing me at all, and simply journey to the throne room along with me in the presence of the Father.  Like sea glass, I don’t want to be too flashy or too dull, but to have the perfect luster that the light of the SON can use me to reflect just enough to grab the attention of those needing to feel HIS love, HIS presence, HIS embrace. That they just might wonder enough to take that piece with them and allow His presence in their life to become treasure I know it can be. To be the reminder of His  truth of who HE says they are. 


2 Corinthians 3:18

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment