Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Dodging Waves


 Yesterday while hiking dunes trails, we ended our hike with the trail walking back water side. Its honestly my favorite place to be. It was easily a mile of walking lake side, getting to look at all the rocks that seem to fascinate me, picking up beach glass treasures and dodging waves. Normally when I walk down a beach Im barefoot, but since we had been hiking I had shoes on. Since I was a bit intrigued by looking at smooth rocks and possible beach glass finds I was walking on the sand on the waters edge. Dodging waves never crossed my mind really until that first time one caught me off guard, hit my shoe and I jumped and laughed. Yep, my one foot got wet and we quickly realized I needed to pay attention better, but something inside me was willing to take the challenge. I could have avoided it all together and walked in a “safer” area, but would have missed picking up the cool treasures we found. I also would have missed the laughter of the couple more times my agility failed me and I ended up with a wet shoe. 

I stopped to snap this photo because again, as He often does, the Lord spoke to my heart with these scenes. Life is full of waves isn’t it?  The science geek in me gets jacked up excited when it collides and combines with the spiritual side of things the Holy Spirit reveals. Waves are energy carriers. They are typically caused by wind and actually transmit energy and not water. Tell my shoes that right?! 

Im reminded of the waves of things that happened in our lives that are caused, not by flesh and blood but, by the energy released by spiritual forces of evil. 

As we walk the shore line of life discovering the blessings God has and its treasures along the way, we sometimes gets caught off guard by a wave that soaks us. At times that wave may feel like it’s pulling you under. It may feel like its pushed you off course. You may feel the residue left from getting hit by one, but you don’t take your eyes off the trail. The treasures placed there by God himself are still there, some yet to be discovered by you. Don’t divert from the path or you’ll miss out. You may get hit with a wave, you may get knocked down. Lord knows those incoming will test your spiritual agility, but we have to keep the focus on the treasure of His promises.  Jeremiah 29:11 says “for I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” 

Isaiah 43:2 says:

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”


At one point yesterday after getting hit with a wave, despite my best attempt to avoid it, I kept walking and said out loud “And God laughed”.  I then admitted out loud that had no idea exactly why I said that but I did. This morning I get it. God sees everything. Nothing hidden from Him. He sees who is causing waves and the energy behind it. The waves, however, do not change His promises or who He is. It does not change your gifts or His plan for your life. It does not change who He says you are.  He is still on the throne and holds the victory….”So God laughs.”  ❤️ Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment