Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Deep Waters

     Yesterday afternoon, I had the pleasure of getting to go to the Dunes with my best friend, and a collective group of each of our own kids and friends etc..  Part of the fun of the dunes is going up the sand dunes, heading to the clay pits/ shoots and getting dirty, and walking through the muddy river/ creek to get back to the beach.  My youngest daughter is not a fan of getting dirty or muddy, and doesn't like bugs.  I had purposely not shared ALL the details of our fun adventure to come because I didn't want her to freak out.  She did great getting up the dunes and was fine until we got to the part where we headed into the water following the creek through the mud and muck.  She immediately hesitated and I assured her that she would be fine and that I would hold her hand all the way through if necessary.  I told her to trust me and she continued.  The water was cold and mucky and you sometimes had to climb over fallen tree limbs to get to where you were going.  There were bugs and probably other living things around that we were glad didn't make an appearance.  The water started out ankle deep, would get to waste deep at times and then back to knee deep.  You had to feel your way through the water with your feet because you didn't know what you were going to come upon you couldn't see, and have to climb your way over because the water was far from clear.  Much of the way she walked without assistance but needed reassurance that she would be fine.  There, however, was a part that the water dropped off and we had to climb over huge tree limbs and the water was close to being over her head.  I climbed over and stepped in first and she panicked when she saw me go into neck deep water.  I immediately turned around and held out my arms to her.  She put her arms around my neck, climbed on my back and held on.  When this first happen she was panicked, but again I assured her that I had her and would be with her through the deep water and would not let her go.  She held on tight and I moved forward through it without hesitation.  She soon realized that I truly had her and was not going to let her go, just as I had promised her.  It was literally in the midst of that, the Lord spoke to me in my spirit.  He said, "Just like I'm with you Jen", and I just smiled to myself and said "Thank you Lord".
  See, it had been a rough week as my summer comes to a close and I am also preparing to head back into teaching and coaching.  I  had been feeling very overwhelmed with the amount of all my duties, responsibilities, and training that had been going on.  Even at night my mind would not shut off to all I needed to accomplish.  I truly felt like I was starting on the journey of walking through water that was not clear and  of different depths, and feeling my way with my feet because I don't know what lies ahead, I just know I need to keep trudging through, moving forward, and trusting God.  At that moment, as I carried my own child, God used a visual, as He often does with me, to remind me of His promises to us.  He was reminding me that He is right there with us. 

Isaiah 43:2 says "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you...".

For many years, as I have walked through this journey of life, this has been one of my favorite verses.  He has proven just that to me over and over as I have walked through various depths of water, not sure if I would make it out, but He was always right there with His hand held out to me, and at times literally carried me.  I think sometimes in the depths of our panic, we forget this and we lose focus, but He is right there with us always, and reaching out for us to grab a hold when things feel deep and overwhelming. 
I pray that this is a blessed reminder to you as it has been to me, and brings peace to your heart this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment