Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Thursday, February 15, 2018

In the Fog.....

     After spending several hours in the hospital with my youngest daughter yesterday, who while fighting an extremely high fever, was diagnosed with Influenza, we eventually we brought her home. I knew that she would be out of school the rest of the week, as well as me being home, from teaching school, to be with her.  
This morning both my  school corporation and the  school corporation my kids attend were blessed with 2 hour delays due to  heavy dense fog.  I was so thankful for that delay because it allowed me to run into my school while my oldest daughter was able to stay with my sick daughter and not feel super rushed to get everything done I needed to.
As I was driving through the dense thick fog in the dark, at one point I completely lost all visibility.  I was trying to hurry to get to the school and get things done, because I knew there would be a lot to do in a short amount of time to get copies made and plans laid out for 3 subjects and 4 different grade levels, for two days worth of lessons. 
When I lost all visibility, it only lasted for a second, but when I was able to see again, the road had curved and I nearly wrecked my vehicle by almost hitting a sign that was in the median.  I was able to quickly swerve and avoid crashing.  Already slightly anxious, that quick moment freaked me out. Although I had not felt as if I was originally going too fast for conditions at all, I slowed WAY WAY DOWN.  I took a deep breath and said "Thank you Lord!"  I then REALLY began to focus hard on the headlights shining to light my path, and focus intricately on every single inch of the roadway that I could see which wasn't more than a few feet ahead of my vehicle.
It was in that moment when I was driving, that God spoke to me in my spirit as He often does in regular daily activities.  He said;
"Sometimes we get so anxious about what is ahead in life that we actually lose focus and can then easily lose control when brought to a curve in our path."  He said, "Trust in the ONE that lights the path. Slow down, rest and focus in Me, trusting that I am indeed lighting the path at the right time and speed for My perfect plan."  (Psalm 119:105Proverbs 3:5-6).
   I just smiled and again said "Thank you Lord!".  I am always so appreciative of those moments of affirmation of His Word in my life. 
As you walk through the fog of life, trust Him. We often have no idea what is ahead and in our minds the struggle can be REAL.   Trust that He knows the way, and that He will perfectly light every single inch of the path at the proper time and place.  His timing is perfect for the specific plan He has on your life.  F.O.G also stands for Favor of God, so remind yourself today that when you dwell in the secret place of  the Most High God, you indeed walk in the shadow of  the Almighty, which includes  His favor and protection.  (Psalm 91).  Blessings to you and yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment