Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Years Spring Cleaning - yep, in January :)

     Along with the New Year comes thoughts of New Years Resolutions.  Although I think it quite silly to wait until January 1st to decide to make changes in your life that may have been much needed months ago...might as well embrace the fact that January 1, 2011 is really upon us.  So what does it mean for you??  Anything?  I admit that I usually ignore the whole "New Years Resolution Madness" just for the mere fact of the reason I stated above.  This year however, I feel something different in my spirit.  Something that is drawing me to "cleanse" in many areas of my life.  A type of "cleanse" that will prepare me for the season I am entering in to.  Although I am unsure of what that will entail, I do know that I need to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and embrace it.  It reminds me a bit of "nesting" that ever woman seems to go through toward the end of her pregnancy to prepare for the birth of the baby.  Much of that cleansing has to do with the house, baby's room, laundry etc...  This to me entails some cleansing pertaining to my home, but also of things in my life...a spiritual cleansing.  A cleansing that will have eternal influence.
While one cleans out their closets, rooms etc.... Spring cleaning, while worth the effort will only last a season while spiritual cleansing is eternal.  So while you are cleaning out the crud in your house, also get ready for a spiritual cleansing.
     The Bible encourages us to get closer to God  and to allow yourself to be cleansed....our hearts and our bodies.  We cannot cleanse ourselves, only God can do that kind of cleansing.
     ** Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
     **Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

      Spiritual cleansing goes deeper than what anyone can see and hear, it is a deep cleaning, a cleansing from inside to out. This means not only cleaning up your language, but the negative talk and pessimistic thoughts that contradict the Word of God and faith. This includes the challenge to stop complaining.
**Philippians 2:14 "Do everything without complaining or arguing"
**Luke 6:45  The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

     Its time to renew our minds on a daily basis.  Get the garbage out and start feeding your mind and spirits with the Word of God instead of the worlds garbage. 
**Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Time to take out the garbage!!! :)

     Its time to clean out our spiritual closets and get rid of old baggage by repenting of hidden sin and and releasing unforgiveness and bitterness that will weigh you down and hinder your life.
   **Hebrews 12:1
Therefore ... let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress...
**Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

ITS NOT ABOUT RELIGION, ITS ABOUT RELATIONSHIP!!!
  I get called "religious" all the time  from people who may mean well, but don't get anything about my relationship with Christ, and makes me sad.  Being a Christian is not about the "religion" its all about the relationship with Christ. What God wants most from you is relationship - friendship. He wants to be involved in the big and small moments of your life. Open your life, let the light of God's presence shine into every part, and you'll have no need for a yearly spiritual cleaning. Instead experience daily, moment to moment refreshing of your spirit.
**1 Corinthians 1:9  God ... is the one who invited you into this wonderful friendship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
**Psalm 56:13   For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light

May you be blessed by this new year and begin the year with a renewing of you spirit and your mind and shaking away the junk so that the unshakable essentials stand clear and uncluttered.  God Bless you in 2011!!  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment