Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Well, here goes...

The Lord has been asking me in my spirit to get back to writing and I admit I have been fighting it a bit.  I love to write, but to create a blog was another story.  There are so many out there, that I did not see the point to adding to the growing list of people who do it, so I have put it off and put it off.  Finally, I am giving in and stepping out in faith, knowing that I dont have to know the purpose, but to just be obedient to what the Lord is asking of me, even if I dont get it.
     I used to write all the time, especially after I was widowed at age 30 and trying to raise my new born as a single mom.  It was theraputic, I guess it still is in many ways. One of the gifts God has given me is the gift of gab.  My friends (especially my husband and my male friends) tease me about how I stuggle to give just a 5 second answer.....I dont think its in my chemistry. Even my texts are more than one page on a regualr basis. :)   I, by Gods design, have the need to communicate, to get my thoughts out...my way of processing...so I talk a lot.  This is how I connect with others, and connect to what is really going on in my heart.  Connecting with others to be an encouragement to them is a major calling in my life.  I am a firm believer that it should not matter how you feel about that person, or what they have done to you, that you can find at least one genuinely positive or encouraging thing to say to everyone who crosses your path.
So hear I am, an offical blogger.  One of the things I love to do is learn new things, but in order to do that you have to make yourself vulnerable to failure.  Once upon a time ago in my life I would have run from that....which is a story for another blog...due to some things in my childhood.  Today, however, I look forward to the opportunities.  These blogs will not be random meaningless posts but rather from the heart...things that God places there.  I hope they will bless your heart as I am sure getting them out there will do to mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment