Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Friday, December 17, 2010

Servants Heart

Proverbs 31:10-12
     An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.

     Awhile ago someone introduced me to a special speaker we were having at our church.  When they introduced, me they also chimed in that I had an incredible servants heart.  This blessed me so, because it is a  passion of my heart to serve others.  At times I even think it a bit selfish because I know the incredible joy that fills my heart when I am able to serve someone, help someone else be successful at something, or encourage someone else when they are following their calling.  I pray that my heart is worn on my sleeve in this way because I have such a deep love for people, something I cannot say has always been there in my life until the last several years.
   Later, I was thinking of this sweet compliment I had been paid, and was convicted about something concerning it.  The Lord said to me "Would your husband say the same thing?"  Although I knew the answer already in my heart, I first I questioned the Lord on His question. (Now raise your hand if you know that the first step of avoidance is answering a question with a question??  Ha ha)  The Lord knows all, and after procrastinating, I was quick to say "probably not".   I then was forced to ask myself why.  I was not angry with my husband or upset with him in any way, so I could not understand why I had disregarded my husband in this way, yet he is the most important man in my life.  Honestly I admit, I did not have a good reason...just that maybe I had taken him for granted as is easy for anyone to do when they get busy in to life. My priorities were definitely out of order which can easily happen if we are not careful.  I am, by Gods design, an encourager, and a servant. Yet, I was convicted of failing in that very area, right in my own home.  I quickly repented and apologized to my husband.
      We are to think of our husbands first. This is for him. How wonderful would you feel; how honored would you be if your mate worked so hard to be a servant to you all the time?  Be careful to not turn this into, "he wouldn't do this for me, so why should I do this for him?" It's an easy trap to fall into. But it's a lie. You are being deceived. We are servants. As we serve our husbands, we are serving the Lord Jesus.
       I want to serve the Lord in many areas, but I also want God's blessing on that service. And I believe that a mega-measure of God's blessing comes with my obedience to God's standards for me as a wife to honor my husband by giving preference to him (Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.), to esteem him as better than myself (Philippians 2:3,4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. ), and to, as much as depends on me, live peaceably with my husband (Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. ). Therefore I ask for Tim's opinion and approval on all things, including ministry opportunities. I don't ever want to find myself in a position of functioning in ministry without my husband's backing. So I serve only with my husband's blessing and support. Then I can serve with a free heart. Why? Because I know Tim's on board -- and praying for me.
   I admit I am still not perfect at serving my husband and probably fail more often that I would care to admit.  With each new day however, I get a little better.  Each morning also gives breath to new opportunities and a clean slate. Praise God His mercies are new every morning. (Lam. 3:22-23) 
     Want to make a difference in your marriage??  Start serving your husband just like you would if Jesus himself were sitting in that comfy recliner in your living room. :)   God Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment