Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Joy of the Lord

Isaiah 35:10 - "And the ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." (NIV)
    What is Joy??   At this time of my life I am finding that my joy cup runneth over and is flowing off the table.  I can honestly say that this has not always been the case in my life and that, Praise God, this has been a long time coming!!  I am so thankful for all He has brought into my life, and I pray that it shows on my face daily! 
      Its easy to be joyful when things are going well in your life.  One true measure of faith is how much joy you can retain AND export when things aren't going so well.
Neh 8:10 "The joy of the Lord is my strength."  This does not say "when things are going good", as it doesnt specify when...so it means it as fact...always, whenever...etc...       I have found that when things aren't going well, and even when I don't feel like being joyful, that if I can force out even a small bit of joy or somehow bless someone elses day with some joy, it helps.  The joy of the Lord helps me to get through my own struggle.  Somehow I am always able to count my blessings and count on Gods promises, instead of focusing on the negative.
Phil. 4:19 "My God shall supply all of my needs according to His riches in Glory." as well as Phil 4:6 " Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God", have been great reminders to me to keep my joy.
     Forcing yourself to be joyful is a measure of faith, that even though you have yet to see the greener pasture, you know that indeed God WILL bring it to pass.  I have watched this time and time again in my own life and seen the results first hand.  I quickly admit that stepping out in faith and digging out that joy that may seem to not exist is difficult and may seem impossible.  I have difficulty, however,  believing that people in general can't find at least ONE ounce of SOMETHING to be thankful for in their own life.    Believe it our not, being joyful is a choice.  You get to decide whether the cup is half full or half empty.  The problem with joy is not getting it, it's letting it out. As Christians we have already been given joy as part of the fruit of the spirit. So since we have it, it's our responsibility to let it flow. We have our hand on the valve that governs our joy level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment