Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!!

     Its been nearly nine years ago that I met my husband Tim.  It definately was a time in my life where I was very weary and protective of my heart since I had just lost my husband Todd a year before.  I remember when we met I was very nervous as we got to know one another, not sure I was even ready to date again by the time he finally asked me out, but I stepped out in faith.  I remember God telling me all along that He promised "He would be faithful".
Looking back, I remember just a few months after my husband Todd had died and I had a friend mention to me about "getting out there and dating".  I remember how angry it made me, and how I took it out on God.  I remember yelling to God that "I would NEVER marry again!", let alone date.  I told Him that if He had other plans that He would have to change my heart because I wasnt gonna do it!  I then made, what I thought, an impossible list of qualities that I felt "Mr. Right" would have to possess.  I then slammed the journal shut as if to make my point clear to God.  It was then for the first time I heard Him say.."I promise that I will be faithful".
  Tim and I have been married now for 5 1/2 years.  It has not been a "cake walk" for either of us. It has and will continue to be a lot of hard work, like most great marriages take.  We have had our share of ups and downs, but Praise God, we keep walkin it out. :)   My sweet husband, who was 39 when he married for the first time, became not only a husband, but a father to Kennedy and also took on anything we both brought into the marriage, even though we were unaware.    We both had a lot of growing to do as individuals and together.  We have so far to go even yet, but through all we have walked I can see how beautiful my husband is, not to mention what a great Dad he is.   I love how I can look at him and see where he once was and where he is now. There is soooo much more I could say, but what I am getting at it that I am married to a pretty amazing guy.   I can see the amazing man of God he is, and is working to become, and where God is going to take him as he walks in obedience.  I am so blessed to have him in my life, words cannot even begin to express.  Oh, and the list I made and threw at God way back,.......every quality I asked for, I got - EVERY ONE!!    He would be the first to tell you he is not perfect, but he is perfect for me....and God WAS faithful....just as He promised.
So Happy Birthday Tim on January 16th!!  I know I dont tell you often enough, but I think you are pretty amazing, and I thank God for your leadership, your wisdom and your patience.   I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment