Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Friday, May 13, 2016

Peace in His Presence

    Today I was editing some pictures and came across a recent picture of when we were in the Bahamas.  My daughters and myself went this spring with some family for a week, and had a really great time.  My husband was unable to go with us due to his work but encouraged us to go.  Its not the first time and probably wont be the last time that we travel separate from my husband, its just kind of the way our jobs and vacations have worked out.  I am looking forward to the day when we can once again be on a vacation together.  While looking at a particular picture from that vacation, I remember having a great time but starting to feel grouchy toward the end of the week because I missed my husband so bad.  We talked nightly but it just wasn't the same as being with him.    I recall mentioning it to my oldest daughter who reminded me that this happens every time I am away from him for a few days....Momma starts to get grumpy.  I laughed, but it was true and made sense to me.  My husband and I are ONE, and my heart feels like it is missing a piece when we are apart.  I know in December when my girls were away visiting their aunt in Alabama, I was feeling that same way after a few days and couldn't wait for them to get back so I would feel like things were "right" again.  When I am away from my best friends for a period of time, I really really miss them and when we get together finally, it feels like a huge refreshing.  Almost like walking in the desert for awhile and then finally having Niagara Falls dumped over you when you finally and joyfully get to gather together. 
 When we are together,  all these beautiful pieces of my heart, it makes sense to me that I feel "right" again.  I can not explain it except that it is something that makes sense to me in the Spirit, things that God has brought together.  Now imagine that with God only magnified.
I know when things in my life have gotten busy with work, school, activities for the kids, sports, ministry, or I have what seems to be a million things on my mind etc.....and I feel like I haven't stopped to sit down and focus, breathe and just rest and be in the presence of God....things just don't feel right.  They feel chaotic, like my world is spinning, and I get really, really REALLY grouchy.
This is when I KNOW I need to STOP and get away from the noise.  Its when I know I need to shut out the rest of the world, turn my phone off, step away and just breathe in His presence.  Often the place that I immediately gravitate to is my piano to worship.  It is often after my husband has taken the kids to school and I have an hour to myself.  Sometimes, however,  it can't wait until that time.  If I am going to have any kind of peace, and get to a place where, regardless of my circumstances, I know where my heart feels the  most whole,  and that is in His presence.   I just will STOP, and breathe and begin to hum or sing in worship.  I might just close my eyes, breathe deep and being to thank Him and praise Him for all of His blessings He has bestowed upon me in my life.  
Its one thing to be away from our family and closest friends, but its another to be away from God.  We NEVER have to actually be away from God, He is always there.  It is up to us whether or not we take time and soak in His presence.  I could never imagine being in a room with those closest and dearest to my heart and just ignore the fact that they are right there, so why do we do it with God?  Ouch!
God is pleased to dwell, not to just visit once in awhile, but to dwell and make an abode.  In my heart I want His presence more than I want anything else, but I have to live a life that is conducive to welcome that presence.  When I get caught up in life and its business, then I miss it.  When I miss it, I notice it and it has a tremendous effect on my attitude.  My attitude then affects those around me.  We cant help but be away from our loved ones at times, but we are blessed with the fact that we never have to be away from the very One who loves us more that anyone on this Earth could ever begin to.  Our Heavenly Father wants to be present in our daily lives, from second to second.  He, however, is a gentleman and will not force Himself upon you.  I can tell you from experience though, that to live a life of peace, regardless of circumstances means to acknowledge Him in everything you do and He will be that peace in your life that passes all understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment