Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Monday, January 11, 2016

Hold Fast


     The other day I was talking with friends and we were recalling our friendships and how they started.  Its funny that before each one of those friendships began, the enemy tried to detour them in different but similar ways.  In one instance with one of these friends, the enemy began to fill my head with thoughts that were unfair about this person I had never met, but had heard much about.  The things that I had heard about were not anything bad but with the help of the enemy I listened briefly (my first mistake), to those thoughts he placed in my head about that person trying to create an area of doubt in my mind about them…before I ever even set eyes on him or spoken a word. Its funny to think now how ridiculous it was, but I am human.  After I quickly got over myself and began discerning those thoughts and their origin, I was blessed with the opportunity to actually meet him.  From the moment we met, it has been a life changer for me as I felt we bonded nearly immediately, something in the Spirit.

     My other friend, I felt led immediately by the Holy Spirit to approach, because I was drawn to her so much, and we had never really “officially” met.  After a church service one day I, without another thought, went directly to her and we began to talk.  I believe the first words out of my mouth were, “can I talk to you about something” because some how, in the Spirit, I just KNEW I could.  I never gave the enemy the chance to place anything in my head about her, but afterward he sure tried to get to work by using someone else to try and talk me out of befriending and being able to trust her.  I took a step back briefly, took a deep breath, and immediately sought wisdom and discerned that the voice giving the “warning” was that of the enemy who clearly did not want me to get close to this person.  At the time it was a bit puzzling as to the reasons behind it, now its clear.

Now both of these people are two of my best friends, and I love them both dearly and consider them family to me.  We have stood together, prayed together, cried together,   continue to get challenged to grow in the Lord and continue to press on despite circumstances.  I see much ministry together in our future.  These are friendships that are sown into GOOD ground.



1 Thessalonians 5: 21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;



 Isn’t it something how the enemy just knows a good thing of value and wants to do whatever he can to stop it in its tracks if he can with whatever ground we give him.

Satan only bothers people who are doing something for God. He only attacks those who are making an impact and he only steals, or attempts to steal what is of value. If he is attempting to steal from you, it is for one reason; he knows it is of great value and he has to do anything he can to stop your call from coming to full fruition in your life.  The good news is that he doesn't have the power to stop that in you. Only you have that power and if you refuse to let go, otherwise it will remain in your heart and keep growing. It will grow and burn brighter until it has come to fruition and you see it manifest. 

My friend said the other day “Sometimes the struggle between what’s right and what’s comfortable is REAL”

There is something that God has put in your heart.  You feel you have fought for it and still haven’t seen it come to pass.   You KNOW clearly what God is calling you to do, so much so that the burning within you intensifies with each passing second.  It may seem more comfortable to stay where you are, but in that there is no growth.  To stay stagnant, unmoving, not growing, or reverting backwards can spell doom and depression, even imminent death for the passionate God chaser and life embracer. I think one of the worst things for any person, would be to not become or do all God meant for them to become or do.  That would be like deliberately keeping a baby in a womb when the mothers body is going through labor and trying to expel it.  It would be certain death for both of them.   When that is inside you, one must go hard after the things God has called us to and wants for us. Moving forward means stepping out of one season into the next.  It can mean stepping away from people you adore and even some you are happy to leave in that season.  It may be having no idea of what the next step is, but trusting God, by faith, that He has it all mapped out.  It might mean dealing with tears of grief and the joy of excitement all bottled up into one.  It might mean feeling like you are climbing up a hill both ways, naked, in below zero temps, numbing wind at your forefront, in snow that is 20 feet deep, all the while trying to keep from sinking down in and  also freezing to death, yet still having peace about the direction you are going.  Don’t give up, and don’t stop believing.  If the enemy has attempted to steal it, it can only be because he sees what you will do with it, he sees the value in it for Kingdom building.  Hold tightly to it.  Its yours, sown in the good ground of your heart, and you will see it come to pass.  Its time we learn to hold fast and refuse to let go of what God has placed there, or allow it to be stolen.  Onward, and upward.



Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;




No comments:

Post a Comment