Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Thursday, May 18, 2017

TRUST IS A FUNNY THING


 
   Several days ago I was hanging out with my best friend and we were talking about trust. We were about to hang out with someone new and I could feel my guard was up a bit. I said to him something he already knew about me and my lack of trust; "I hate when I get like this because I try to be open, but I've been used by people with ulterior motives enough times that it's a natural thing that seems to occur when I meet or spend time with someone new."
Trust is a funny thing, and I believe we have levels of trust. I have friends that I trust with general knowledge of my life but I don't trust them with the deep parts of my heart. There are only a tiny handful of people that I trust with the deep parts of my heart.
I trust God with my eternal salvation, my body and health, my finances but I have had to ask myself if there are some areas I don't trust him with. I believe it is that way for most people. We trust God in one area but perhaps not in every area.
Proverbs 3:5 says; Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.
The word 'trust' here means to have trust and confidence in, to be bold and secure in the Lord. However, as I did a deeper search, I found it also means to lie helpless, face down. This is a picture of a servant, totally submitted to God, waiting for his instruction or command. The depth of trust is literally, submission. To completely trust God, we must have a heart of full obedience to God, one that is fully submitted to God.
The phrase 'lean not to your own understanding' is interesting as well. To lean is to prop yourself up against something...usually we are trying to prop ourselves up on our own understanding, and God says 'don't' do that.' Man's wisdom, man's understanding cannot support the weight of our lives, however, God's wisdom is more than able to support the weight of our lives. When we choose to trust in God, the full weight of our lives, settles on him, and friend, that is good news!
      I don't know how many times I have leaned on my own understanding, fully thinking I was going the right way, only to have God stop me and get me back on HIS path. My way, even if it is good, is not always God's way. The only way I can continually go God's way is to lean entirely on him and refuse to lean on my own understanding, my own insights or my own wisdom. That begins with seeking his face in every step, every decision, and every challenge that comes my way. That begins with getting his point of view and acting on that alone.
      Proverbs 3:6 says; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. I dug into that scripture on yesterday's video teaching that I posted, I only wanted to remind you of that scripture to say this;
Trust begins by acknowledging God and his wisdom and then acting on what we have acknowledged. To acknowledge God and then act on what he says, that is truly trusting God.
The bible tells us over and over again to trust in God alone, and not to trust in flesh, that means our own flesh as well. Today I challenge you to seek Gods way - in the big things but also in the day to day small decisions. Trust him. He is worthy of your trust and has a good plan for you. He has a good outcome for you. He will not fail.
And of course, I too today, as I say all of this, am reminding myself     Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment