Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Friday, April 22, 2016

Whirlwind or Soft Breeze Reactions

     We can either live in a soft breeze of the Spirit or a whirlwind of your own making.  It's the difference between walkin' in the Spirit or choosing the flesh.  In a persons life, something will happen and the person will immediately have the very worst first reaction possible. I've been there, done that (raises hand high to say "guilty"). When it turns out that it wasn't nearly as bad as it appeared in the beginning.  Which tells us that if they had remained in peace, it would have been a soft breeze of the Spirit but instead they made it a whirlwind and it takes a while for a whirlwind to stop spinning.
               The Bible says the enemy is like a roaring lion.  Meaning he wants us to become immediately afraid when he roars - but we do not have to allow fear to be our first reaction.  We must remember that he is LIKE a roaring lion with some stanky breath, but he isn't a lion, actually we serve the Lion of the tribe of Judah...the devil can only roar and if we refuse to react to his roar, we will remain in perfect peace and remain in the breeze that is the Spirit of God.
              I learned many years ago that my first reaction often determined the outcome.  It wasn't that God didn't want a good outcome; it was that my reaction of fear created an atmosphere where God could not work.  God works in atmospheres of faith.  God can still work it out for our good but our first reaction, if not one of faith, can also cause delays.
I have for years had First Responder training and unfortunately HAVE come upon instances where I was the connection between the incident and the EMS getting there. It's not a fun thing to have to do but I'm thankful for my training, but the first thing you're told to do is "remain calm" or you will be no good to anyone. Amazingly I HAVE been able to do just that in emergencies, some life and death ones. Ain't nobody want you to have a bad knee jerk reaction if their life is dependent upon it...am I right?! Can I get an Amen?! Ha ha
       Knee jerk reactions are not good ones usually because they are emotional ones (again, I've been guilty). This is why we generally have a bad first reaction; we allow our emotions to take over.  Because we allow our emotions to be in charge instead of our faith that starts a whirlwind of our own making. We need our faith to be our first response.  We need to see things from Gods perspective and ask that he would cause us to react in the manner that Jesus would react, in faith.
              This has truly been a battle of mine, of my mouth at times. It is vital to keep our mouth closed and our emotions in check until we can speak and respond in faith and faith alone.  I believe that this will affect our outcome and it will affect how long we remain in the battle. The Bible says we are to have a God kind of faith so we can continually walk in His peace, no matter what comes our way. Isn't that what we all want? To walk in continual peace.  I know it is what I want therefore I am determined in my heart to live in the soft breeze of His spirit, be led by His spirit and therefore walk in and remain in peace.  Praising God that His mercies are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment