Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Being Confident

     God is so funny.  He has been so faithful in using my mind the way it works best, to show me things in just every day life circumstances.  I've been a coach for nearly 25 years.  Within that time frame I have come across a lot of referees.  Some refs were good and others not so much.  If you have ever seen any kind of a game, you KNOW that any really good ref has to be CONFIDENT in His calls.  
As a Physical Education and Health teacher I have had to ref many games in my gym over the course of 21 years.  With every call, there always seems to be someone in class that wants to argue or question it.  Today as I was refereeing a game, and I blew my whistle and called  a player "out of bounds" as his foot hit and crossed over the line while he had the ball.  Immediately upon my call, I got questioned and he wanted to argue.  With confidence, I simply looked at him, with a bit of my "teacher look", and said, "Your foot was out of bounds, other teams ball!" and blew my whistle and signaled to the other team and away we went.  I did not stand there and banter with him.  He stood there for a minute in a bit of shock and then accepted my call and moved on.  It was at that moment the Lord said to me "this is why you need to be confident in my Word".  I began to laugh and as I was running down the court still refereeing the game.   I laughed and said "Lord you are so funny" right out loud.  To me, it was funny for Him to again, take a second to use my simple daily tasks to illustrate something to me and use it to minister. He does that to me so often.   Hes so clever. He knows me, He knows my mind and I am a visual learner...so right there is was. 
 We need to not only be IN the Word and KNOW it, but we need to be CONFIDENT in it.  The world or someone will always question it.  They will want to water it down, they will want to argue it.  The truth is, however, that He is the same yesterday today and forever.  He is unchanging, unwavering and we need to be confident in His promises.  If He says that He will supply all our needs then we need to be confident in that (Philippians 4:19). If He says that no weapon formed against us shall prosper, we need not only hold on to that, but be confident in the call He made (Isaiah 54:17).  If He says that we are an overcomer, than we are (Romans 8:37).  Meanwhile the enemy will come a knocking trying to convince you otherwise, wanting to banter with you, throwing whatever he can to try to detour your thinking to get you to question (John 10:10).  Be confident in what God has said in His Word.
Stand on it, move forward and don't let the enemy banter with you. 

Proverbs 3:26  The LORD will be your confidence. He will keep your foot from getting caught.




No comments:

Post a Comment