Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Got Time?!

     Nearly every Wednesday evening I head to church for praise and worship, service, and then rehearsal. Every time I arrive, I am sweetly greeted by the two most precious little ones (about 2 and 3 years old), who are there sitting in their seats while their grandparents are greeting people at the door. Like clockwork, I set my things down and go to where they are and sit down and read them a book before I head to the platform to sing. Last night was no different, except that I felt I was running late and came flying in the door not even thinking about anything but getting inside, setting my things down and well...just not being late. I raced in, set my things down, and as I was taking my coat off, I hear these sweet tiny voices from the back of the church saying "hi, hi". When I looked back I saw these little angels waving a book at me. I smiled, took a look at the clock, and realized how much I didnt care how close we were to the start of the service, and that I was gonna go sit down with these eager little ones and read the same book I always do and with as much animation and character as I try to without rushing. As I read, they listened intently with bated breath as if they have never ever heard me read that same story before to them....which made me laugh inside and smile on the outside. I was then reminded on how God waits for us. Hes a gentleman and wont force Himself on you, but wants you to take time for Him. He already knows whats going on in your heart and what you are walking through, but is there to listen eagerly as we share our heart with Him. So often, however in the rush of life, we don't take time to sit and talk to Him. We may often think on Him but how often do we think TO HIM. I'm guilty, I've done it, although I work hard to not be that way with Him in my life.
He is there ALWAYS, patiently waiting with that still small voice in the midst of your busyness saying "hi hi" and maybe waiving to you, hoping to get some of your time. He is ready to listen to you and share with you. Give Him time today, wont you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment