Isaiah 43:18-21

Isaiah 42:18-21

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, now I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

"Jennifer Hock is a gifted speaker with an amazing and unique style of communication. Jennifer is a fabulous story teller, using her years of experience as a teacher & coach, her own personal life experiences, and everyday life situations, to convey the incredible love of God and His gift of grace, and mercy toward us.
Her greatest desire is to be REAL and to lead and encourage others to understand just how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, as well as the understanding of just how much the love of God can impact change in our lives to walk in the calling He has on your life." - A. Smith
contact: divineirrigationministry@gmail.com

Friday, June 24, 2011

Naked but Covered

     This week I am on an adventure that I have been preparing for months in advance.  I am up at BayShore Camp preparing to get together with a group of girls coming from all over, for volleyball camp.  BayShore Camp is the Christian camp that has really been a legacy in the making for my family starting with my Grandma Wise who has since gone on to be with the Lord, and has moved through my family, and now my own kids attend.  This year BayShore will celebrate 100 years as a Christian Camp and Family Ministry.  As awesome as that is, however, more importantly, it was at BayShore Camp that I asked Jesus into my heart at age 9, and thus my personal relationship with Him began.  I have been part of BayShore's camps for as long as I remember, first as a camper and then to anything from Athletic Director to counselor, to Co-Dean, to Head Coach at various camps over the years.  This week is a week, however, that I will be wearing various hats.  Along with coaching, I will also be speaking as well as leading worship.  Although these are all things I have all done before in different realms, I have been spoiled with having live musicians for worship, as well as other voices to blend with.  One of the many benefits to this is the "blending" part. :)  Also, if I mess up and feel the "ship sinking", many hands at that point make lighter work.....and usually the "bailing of water" works easily and we are "back a float" without anyone noticing, most of the time. ;)   When you are alone, however,  ...well if the ship starts to go, its you who has to "bail it" alone :).  This week I will have me, myself, I and some tracks to sing with, which will be a first to me to be completely alone to lead worship.
  I have always been a girl who is up to the challenge and I believe in hard work. Praise God I have amazing friends who have not only prepared me physically, but have also helped to guide and prepare me mentally, emotionally and spiritually to be step out alone.  The really cool thing is, however, that I am really not alone.  This experience could very much feel like what it might be like to be thrown naked in front of a crowd.  EEEKK!  However, in 2 Corinthians 12:9 we are told that His Grace is sufficient.

2 Corinthians 12:9 says "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

    So....because His grace is sufficient for me, I KNOW I will be covered in my weakness in just the right amount and in all the right places.  I know it will all be whatever it needs to be for this week of camp as He is strong where I am weak.  Even though at times I may feel naked during my speaking or leading of worship....I'M FULLY COVERED!      AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment